Metropolitan is offering introduction workshops to those who would like to learn to knit with knitting machine!
See you in HEART (Headingley Enterprise and Arts Centre)!
Methods and Techniques:
from begining to finished outfit
Machine knitting workshop
14.10.2023 from 1pm - 4pm
11.11.2023. from 1pm - 4pm
09.12.2023. from 1pm - 4pm
(no previous experience needed)
Yarn, tools and Brother knitting machines provided
Using a knitting machine, you will learn the following:
- cast on (e-wrap, cord cast on, weaving method);
- plain knitting;
- knitting with 2 and more colours;
- making hem (plain hem using pick up stitch method);
- using essential tools and accessories;
- increasing and decreasing stitches with a transfer tool;
- increasing and decreasing stitches at the edges;
- shaping fabric;
- knitting with punchcards;
- fixing mistakes (picking up dropped stitches, unravelling);
- cast off
HEART is a beautiful place where people can come and spend time, meet new people, participate in various events, hire a space for events, and enjoy marvellous food, daily specials, and a varied selection of drinks in the Assembly Bar & Kitchen!
HEART is located in a unique, atmospheric building with its magic around the arts and crafts!
Headingley Enterprise & Arts Centre, Bennett Rd, Leeds LS6 3HN.